Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Daily driving a 43 year old Bug


I've been driving my '67 Bug just about everyday now since the beginning of February. My 1988 Mustang GT daily driver is at the shop getting a couple repairs and a new performance transmission installed. In the meantime I've been driving the Beetle and really getting to know all of it's unique "characteristics". It really is an easy car to drive, although getting up to speed can take a bit more effort and patience but it's part of the vintage V-dub experience. It scoots through traffic very well, highway speeds though are more of a challenge with my Beetle being happy at speeds below 75 mph or in my case 120 kph.

It gets a lot of attention, it sips gas, and it's just plain old fun to drive. You get used to the couple small squeaks, the slightly bouncy ride, all in all it's not a bad little car to cruise into work in as long as you're not in a hurry. Just get 'er up to speed, kick back, put your right arm over the tops of the low-back seats - drive and relax.

Above is a shot from today outside of work. Little soggy out, but still no problem for "Euri"!

No comments:

Post a Comment