Saturday, February 6, 2010

AirCooled Addicts Cruise - Marietta Diner

I get a call from Carl this morning..."Hey are you going on the cruise?" I pretty much forgot about it. I had a couple things apart on the Bug, no big deal. I said sure I'd go. I scrambled and got the new heater hose replaced, put the air cleaner back on, hooked the battery back up and put the rear seat cushion back. I hadn't really driven it enough to see if the new adjustments made by John and Charles at Scatts Auto were dialed in but "Euri" seemed to be running pretty good. I guess this will be the shakedown test.
After I meet up with Carl at his place, we get everything together and we head out to meet up with the rest of the Aircooled Addicts gang at Discovery Mills Mall.


We got there and by the time we needed to leave we had a good group of air cooled v-dubs to cruise together with to the diner. It wasn't the nicest day with the temps in the upper 30s, cloudy, damp and windy but it wasn't raining so I was good with that.


We all arrived at the diner and another VW club was there so we parked in the back of the lot with them and got out to check out the other rides. Cold but once you got to lookin' around and talkin' with other V-dub freaks you forgot about it for the most part.



Time to eat! Good food and HEAT! We hung out for a couple hours sharing volkswagen stories and ate good food. Once we got warmed up and had enough food we headed out to cruise back home.

Even though traffic was pretty tricky down and back on 85 we had fun cruising together and getting a lot of attention from the other cars in traffic. Just about nothing gets more attention than a really cool old V-dub!


I had fun, my '67 Euro Bug ran great, I had a blast on my first ever VW cruise. I look forward to the next event - Thanks Gary and the Aircooled Gang for putting on a great event!

To see more photos from the Aircooled Addicts VW club event, I put together 2 slide shows. Here's some other photos I took....
Here's a few photos taken by Gary Kohl and other members of Aircooled Addicts....
For more info on VW clubs in the Georgia area, please visit http://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that looks like fun. I dream of the day when my '65 Type 1 is back on the road and I can go cruisin' !
    Cool photos and write up.

    ReplyDelete