Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pertronix Ignition and Degreed Flywheel Installed


I've been away from the blog for awhile, haven't posted much lately but have been enjoying the Bug anyways. A few weeks ago I drove the Bug over to my buddy Carl's house again to do some more minor surgery. I finally got the Pertronix electronic ignition installed along with the new anodized black flywheel. I'll have to do some minor modifications to my engine tin that installs in front of the flywheel for proper fitment. Now we're able to really dial in the ignition on the bug and it's running like a dream compared to before. Found out that I not only had bad points but my condenser was bad and causing coil failure. The I've been using a used Bosch for now but have a new Bosch to install when i get to it.
Carl came by last Thursday night with his wife and his 1970 Bug tagged along with me, my family in our bug. Had a lot of fun. Noticed a low idle and a little sputtering intermittently but I think I got a little trash to clean out of the carb. So that's next on the agenda along with new valve cover gaskets, plugs, ignition wires, and distributor cap. Installed a new rotor button but the cap and wires I ordered are wrong. I think I will get my tune up parts locally, Cip-1 isn't sending me the correct tune up stuff. Learn as you go.
Hope to keep this more updated. I may not have as much to post for the next month or so due to winter and cold temps.

No comments:

Post a Comment